The benefits of RIBA membership are not only available to registered architects. If you have a professional interest in or passion for architecture and want to become part of the RIBA, you can join as an RIBA Affiliate member.
Affiliate membership gives you the opportunity to extend the reach of your professional contacts by providing platform to network, share ideas and build new professional relationships. It also makes sure you have access to the most contemporary industry knowledge and the latest creative and cultural inspiration.
Knowledge is the key to progression and development. We help our members acquire as much as possible by holding CPD events, conferences and workshops right across the UK, including:
- free CPD sessions across the country on 25 dates in 18 locations
- member-only rates for the RIBA , voted by RIBA members as the industry’s 10 most essential skills this year
- member-only rates for RIBA courses including Principal Designer, Conservation and Future Leaders
- CPDs in business skills such as digital marketing, networking and team-building
- receive a free subscription to the RIBA Journal
- access 2,500+ articles on architectural practice, culture and opinion online for free via RIBAJ.com (print and digital subscription worth £158)
Being connected to clients, architects and the latest developments in the profession is invaluable, and RIBA Membership makes this possible.
- join one of over 70 local, member-run branchesand connect with other RIBA members near you via meet-ups, social events, building tours and talks
- for advice about a local issue or to get involved, you can approach one of our 11 local RIBA offices throughout the UK
- if based outside the UK, you can get involved with a local chapter in the UAE, Hong Kong or the USA
- enhance your skills and share your views via knowledge-sharing events and online social media communities
BE REPRESENTED AND INSPIRED
We share your passion for architecture, and develop thought-provoking exhibitions and cultural events to stimulate your creativity. We champion the highest standards of professional and ethical standards, actively lobbying government to influence change using feedback and opinions from you.
- enjoy member rates or free entry to RIBA’s exciting calendar of events, talks, tours and exhibitions across the country and internationally
- use the RIBA Library and V&A collection to access the world’s largest collection of architectural books, journals, drawings and photographs in person and online
- receive regular updates on RIBA national policy progress in areas such as housing regulation, sustainability and Brexit
We’re here to provide you with guidance and professional support at every stage of your career.
- access specialist knowledge on topics such as working internationally, BIM, procurement, the RIBA Plan of Work, by phone or email
- use the Library Enquiry Service for research assistance and copies or scans of journals and periodicals
To become an RIBA Affiliate Member, your office must meet the following requirements:
- hold an RIBA recognised Part 1 qualification
- be a full member of a professional institute on the Construction Industry Council list
- be a lecturer (or similar) at an architectural school
- have a professional interest in architecture and/or construction and have an RIBA Chartered Member as a referee